1. Remember, feelings of panic are just exaggerations of normal bodily stress reactions.
2. Sensations are neither harmful nor dangerous - just unpleasant. Nothing worse will happen.
3. Stop adding to the panic with frightening thoughts of where panic will lead.
4. Stay in the present. Be aware of what is happening to you rather than concern yourself with how much worse it might get.
5. Wait and give the fear time to pass.
6. Notice that when you stop adding to panic with frightening thoughts, the fear begins to fade.